MORE FUN FOR KIDS IN THE GARDEN!
It is time for your kids in the garden to use their imaginations and have some fun because we are going to make “My old shoes garden”. Below are the step-by-step instructions so you can get going with your kids and gardening! This is a great
for the kids in your child care---you gotta try this one!!!!
MY OLD SHOE GARDEN
What You Will Need:
1. Cover your work surface with newspaper. Wearing their paint shirts- (you should too, acrylic paints stain!), let the gardening kids clean their shoes with the rags or paper towels and be sure they are dry.
2. Let them paint their shoes with brushes or sponges with bright and bold colors. After the paint dries spray the shoes with the spray acrylic and let that dry thoroughly.
3. Next they will place a few of the rocks in the bottom of their shoe and use the measuring or paper cup to scoop the potting soil into the shoe. Be sure that they fill it at least half way (how much really depends on the size of the shoe). Have them place their plant or seeds in the dirt, then add more soil around the roots, lightly patting the soil around the plant.
4. Have your gardening kids water the plant very gently.
5. Place your beautiful My Shoe Garden where they will get bright sun light. The soil should be kept moist but not soaking wet.
These make excellent gifts for moms, dads, grandparents, etc….See how much fun kids and gardening can be?! Here is more information on
Garden for Kids.