How can you be sure it is baby acid reflux???
Here are some symptoms and signs of baby acid reflux or
Acid Reflux in Infants:
- Spitting up several times a day or vomiting
- Fussiness when you feed him and also after you feed him
- He is constantly or suddenly crying – Many call it “colicky” baby
- He is irritable and seems to be in pain
- He usually has poor sleep habits and he wakes up frequently
- He may arch his back and neck during or after eating. He may also cry when you place him on his back after a feeding, too.
- Have wet burps or gets the hiccups a lot.
- Seem to get frequent ear infections or sinus congestion.
Just like other illnesses you must pay attention to severe cases and useIllness Prevention Tips. In acid reflux cases, the baby may arch his back while crying and this may look like the baby is having a seizure.
When should parents take their baby to a doctor for acid reflux…
- If he isn’t gaining weight
- If he is resisting feedings
- If he has other signs of illness such as; fever, diarrhea or difficulty breathing
- If he has blood in his stool
- If he spits up forcefully, causing stomach contents to shoot out of his mouth- projectile vomiting
- If he spits up a yellow or greenish looking fluid
- If he would spits up blood or a material that looks like coffee grounds
- If he would begin vomiting at age 6 months
or older. These symptoms could be a sign of a much more serious illness
other than acid reflux.
Urge parents to seek medical attention
Following these important steps in your own child health system will
ensure that you are doing your best to promote good health, child health
nutrition, and avoid children’s health issues!
Every child care provider should establish a child health system in
their home to help keep the infants and toddlers as healthy as possible.
With this type of prevention, along with good child health
nutrition, you can prevent many children’s health issues by following
these important and fairly simple steps:
Please share your experience or expertise about Child Health.
Do you have a great story about Childrens Health?
Can you help others with Fevers, Rash, Colds, Dehydration, Coughs, Diarrhea, Teething, Acid Reflux, ANYTHING related to a child's health? Share it with us!
Go to the top of Baby Acid Reflux
Return from Baby Acid Reflux to Child Care Business HOME - child care jobs
Privacy and Affiliate Disclaimer Information
We built this website ourselves with SBI.It was easy, with a step by step video guide! Check it out at the links below.
Smart Start Child Care LLC
SBI!--How we built this web site without knowing anything about making money on line or how to build a web page!!
We work from home, check this out for 1 minute and you will see why we can!